Seasonal Courgette Frittata
Throughout September we are focussing on Simple & Seasonal ingredients! In this recipe, our highlighted ingredient is a personal favourite and something we grow in the garden at home - courgettes, courgettes, courgettes!
Here are our top 5 reasons that we think Seasonal Courgettes in September are amazing! They are so tasty and have some huge nutritional benefits -
1. Low in Calories: Courgettes are very low in calories, making them an excellent choice for weight management and calorie-conscious diets. One cup of sliced, cooked courgettes contains only about 20 calories.
2. High in Fibre: Courgettes are a good source of dietary fibre, which is important for digestive health. Fibre can help regulate bowel movements, prevent constipation, and support a feeling of fullness, which can aid in weight control.
3. Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Courgettes are a good source of essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, and folate. These nutrients play crucial roles in maintaining overall health, supporting the immune system, and promoting healthy skin and vision.
4. Antioxidant Properties: Courgettes contain antioxidants like vitamin C and beta-carotene, which can help combat oxidative stress and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Antioxidants also contribute to healthier skin and may protect against age-related eye conditions.
5. Hydration and Electrolytes: Courgettes have a high water content, which can help keep you hydrated. They also contain electrolytes like potassium, which are important for maintaining proper fluid balance in the body and supporting muscle and nerve function.
6 ingredients | 20 minutes | 2 servings
3 x Eggs
1 x Courgette (medium, thinly sliced)
2 x grams Turmeric powder
20 x grams Shallot (thinly sliced)
2 x grams Avocado Oil Spray
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Then, add the sliced courgette and shallots, and stir well.
3. Spray a deep baking dish with avocado oil spray. Pour the zucchini mixture into the baking dish.
4. Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Slice and enjoy!
Hints & Tips
Leftovers - Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving Size - One serving is roughly half of the frittata.
More Flavour - Add chilli flakes and/or parsley.