Malai King Prawn Curry with Jasmine Rice
Continuing our October recipe theme of easy, warming and delicious dishes, this Malai curry is a great choice. It is packed with flavour and goodness, and ready in under half an hour.
14 ingredients | 25 minutes | 5 servings
276 grams Jasmine Rice (dry, uncooked)
2 Tomato (roughly chopped)
1 Green Chilli (roughly chopped)
1 White Onion (small, roughly chopped)
15 ml Avocado Oil
2 grams Ginger (crushed or grated)
2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
7 grams Garam Masala
2 grams Coriander (ground)
1 gram Cumin
424 ml Canned Coconut Milk
6 grams Sea Salt
680 grams Shrimp (king Prawn) (raw, deveined, peeled, heads and tails removed)
4 grams fresh Coriander (chopped)
1. Cook the rice according to package instructions and set aside.
2. In a food processor, add the tomatoes, chilli pepper, and onion and process until finely ground into a paste.
3. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, pour in the tomato paste mixture and cook for about one to two minutes, stirring often.
4. Add the ginger, garlic, garam masala, coriander, and cumin and cook for another one to two minutes, until fragrant.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and add the salt and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for three to five minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring often until cooked through, about three to four minutes.
6. Divide the rice into bowls and add the shrimp mixture on top. Garnish with cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Hints & Tips
Leftovers - Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Serving Size - This recipe makes 5 x servings.
Less Spice - Leave out the chilli pepper, or use half the amount.