Avocado with Walnuts on Sweet Potato Toast
Ingredients - serves 4
2 x medium avocados, peeled & thinly sliced
60g x walnuts, chopped
2 x sweet potatoes
4 x tsp. olive oil
½ x tsp. red pepper flakes
¾ x tsp. sea salt
1. Rinse the sweet potatoes and then slice each one lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices.
2. Choose which of the methods you prefer for preparing the sweet potato below (toaster or oven).
1. Place the sweet potato slices in the toaster and toast until tender.
2. You may have to toast the slices a few times, depending on your toaster.
Oven Bake Method
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Place the sweet potato slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Place the tray into the hot oven and cook for 7 minutes on each side, or until tender.
Place the sweet potato slices onto your plate. Add the sliced avocado to the top and then sprinkle the chopped walnuts, red pepper flakes and sea salt. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
kCal - 436 | Fats (g) - 38 | Carbohydrates (g) - 24 | Protein (g) - 5 | Fibre (g) - 10