Easy Carrot & Parsnip Root Veggie Soup
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Vegetarian | Vegan | Quick | Gluten Free | Dairy Free
** See below for nutritional information **
Ingredients - serves 6
1 x tbsp. olive oil
1 x large onion, finely diced
450g x carrots, peeled & chopped
450g x parsnips, peeled & chopped
2 x cloves garlic, peeled and chopped or crushed
1 x tsp. ground turmeric
1 x tsp. ground cumin
½ x tsp. ground ginger
½ x tsp. freshly ground black pepper
960ml x vegetable stock
240ml x water
6 x tsp. oat cream (one per serving)
4 x tsp. parsley, chopped
1) Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
2) Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook together for approx. 5 minutes, until the onions are soft.
3) Stir the chopped carrots and parsnips to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4) Next, sprinkle the turmeric, cumin, ginger and pepper over the vegetables, stirring after each addition. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the vegetable stock and the additional water and bring the mix to the boil.
6) Once it has boiled, reduce the heat, cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
7) When the carrots and parsnips have fully softened, remove from the heat.
8) Blend the soup with a hand blender until it reaches your ideal consistency.
9) Taste the soup and season with salt & pepper (if needed) to your liking.
10) Serve with a teaspoon of oat cream and some freshly chopped parsley.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
kCal - 150 | Fats (g) - 4 | Carbohydrates (g) - 29 | Protein (g) - 3 | Fibre (g) - 4