Spiced Orange & Date Smoothie
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 0 minutes
Vegetarian | Vegan | Quick | Gluten Free | Dairy Free
** See below for nutritional information **
Special notes for this recipe:
1) You will need to have prepared some cooked & mashed sweet potato in advance.
2) You can freeze the orange segments in advance and add them straight from the freezer - fab in summer!
Ingredients - serves 4
1 x medium orange, peeled and segmented.
240ml x coconut milk (or another milk alternative of your own choice)
85g x cooked sweet potato, mashed
2-3 x Medjool dates, pitted
1 tbsp x tahini
½ tsp x vanilla extract
½ tsp x ground cinnamon
½ tsp x ground nutmeg
¼ tsp x ground ginger
¼ tsp x sesame seeds, for garnish
1) Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender together.
2) Blitz until creamy and smooth.
3) Pour the blitzed smoothie into a tall glass.
4) Garnish with sesame seeds and dust with a little cinnamon and/or nutmeg.
5) Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving, based on coconut milk being used)
kCal - 414 | Fats (g) - 11 | Carbohydrates (g) - 78 | Protein (g) - 8 | Fibre (g) - 7